Posts tagged Captain
The second build hit Bullroarer today and it included quite a few additions that were not there previously. You can find the full patch notes here, but there aren’t too many changes mainly the finishing off of the changes they had already announced:
- Fate determines out of combat power regen, not Will
- Quests can be completed/advanced in raids
- All sorts of class tweaks – mainly power related
- Various Mounted combat tweaks, again mainly power related
- All sorts of creep changes – shockingly enough, power related
- Freeps now get Battlefield Promotions while in the Moors based on rank which boosts Power, Morale, and Damage
- only active while in the moors
- Various tweaks to the new instance spaces
- New Armor sets at the skirmish vendors
- Warden sets flipping over to Agility (even existing Hytbold sets, which is nice)
As for the sets, we get not only one set per trait line but also two tiers of those sets. The first tier is simply deed gated by completing Tier 1 of the various raids. The second tier is obtained by trading in the first tier piece and two separate drops from the raids. The Tier one pieces cost:
- 2600 – 3500 marks
- 673 – 807 medallions
- 31 – 92 seals
I have no clue what the drop rates for any of these will be in the new spaces, but I’m sure folks will be finding out soon. Also, since the gear is deed gated, we don’t yet know what the level requirement is for that deed – but I’m sure someone will find out for us.
As for the stats on the gear, Tier 1 is essentially the same as the Hytbold sets with slightly different stats and bonuses but overall just as powerful. Tier 2 is a step up, but not a significant one, although it does include an additional set bonus. Below are some snaps of the pieces as well as some comparisons to the existing Hytbold sets I’m wearing. I’m not sure these are final as especially the Captain one is clearly not finished. Personally I love the looks of the sets and will probably be working towards them for that reason, but there are some nifty set bonuses that are intriguing.
This took a little bit longer then I had expected, especially considering how quick Update 7 came and went from being announced to Live. There isn’t a ton of excitement here with this one, primarily bug fixes. One didn’t find its way to the patch notes, but Sapience has confirmed that the Captain Buff Bug will make it into 7.1 but it just didn’t make the notes.
As for the notes themselves, there’s quite a few but only a few jumped out at me:
- Changes to the currency drop rate:
- Instance challenges will provide more seals
- Optional Instance quests will grant substantially more medallions
- Reduced skirmish mark drops from challenge quests
- The Gates in the Storm on Methedras Skirmish have been fixed
- Starlit Crystals are now of Incomparable quality such that they follow “normal” loot rules.
- Gotta love the last note, essentially the overweight hobbit graphical issue has been resolved.
Nothing super exciting, but always good to see them fixing stuff. And of course the usual fun stuff in the notes as well
Oh, and in case you missed it – the Spring Festival started today, I don’t believe there’s anything new with the events but of course the new horse and cosmetics I’m sure.
The guide walks through many aspects that you’ll need to handle as you try to take down the big guy:
- Quest chain to get access to the lair
- Consumables needed
- Defenses needed, tactical helps but mostly physical damage
- Non-combat regen important
- Group makeup, pretty flexible but some requirements
- Hunters for run buffs
- Burglar for Fellowship Maneuvers
- lots of dps
- Positioning, with detailed pictures
- Phase one walkthrough
- Fellowship Maneuvers
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
Overall this is a pretty good guide although it is quite laden with spoilers , which isn’t a bad thing but just wanted to warn folks.
Also, for those looking for other tips there are a couple of forum threads on this:
And if you digest information better visually as opposed to written, there are a number of videos posted, included these mentioned in the forums.
As I made my way up to level 75 on my Warden, I wanted to share a few lessons learned – or things I wish I would’ve done better, so I decided to share those for a topic this week. Feel free to add any that I missed in the comments, or one of the various other ways to reach me!
- Post Isengard Info
- Book 4 Dev Diary
- PB’s LM LI post and LM Impressions
- Forum Mess – down and Forums returning
- Patch Incoming and Delivered
- LOTRO Security
- Fall Festival
- Orion Comments on the Wardens
The servers are coming down tomorrow (Wednesday 10/19) from 6AM until 10AM for patch 1!
The full notes can be found here, but for me the highlights (and some lowlights) are:
- Scholar nodes reduced in Dunland
- Greater Scroll of Delving with be a quest reward, and hopefully barter-able?
- Nice tweaks and fixes for the Captain class
- Nobles Mark will provide more overall threat
- Cutting Attack and Grave Wound can crit on their DoTs
- Relentless Attack’s buff displays properly
- IDOME legacy scroll now properly replaces a legacy with Words of Courage Pulses
- Nothing of note for the Warden despite forum posts
- Various other class tweaks
- Creep damage is buffed 20-30%
- Various creep class tweaks
- Floors fixed in Pit of Iron
- School of Tham Mirdain chests are back producing gear as intended
- skirmish trade in cost reductions
- Fixed the phasing issues near Galtrev (and hopefully some of the lag)
- all sorts of quest fixes including the annoying deed issues
- Lua client crash has been fixed!!!
Overall I think they addressed the major issues going on with Isengard right now. I think there are still other balance issues to be worked out, but the crashing and annoying issues have been addressed! I’m not sure what I’ll do when I get my lua scripts back