LOTRO Official Update 10 Release Notes
Shockingly enough, there’s a known issues list already posted. Pretty significant especially when there’s so much in there regarding loot not hooked up, which was one of the main selling points for this update. Seems like a minor issue – and I don’t understand why Turbine springs a release with no warning when there are this many “little” things un-resolved. Granted, it probably will take them time to wrap everything up but it seems like another pass of polish would’ve done quite a bit of good and not let the community down at all.
I was a little surprised that they sprung Update 10 on us yesterday, mainly because there had been so little PR for it. Pretty much the VERY light “developer diaries” were the only things leading up to this update, without too much fanfare. Maybe Turbine feels guilty that many people paid for this update almost a year ago, but oh well. There’s not much that’s in the notes that we haven’t seen from the pushes to Bullroarer so this should mainly just be a compilation of those patches. The full notes can be found here, but I picked a few that jumped out for me:
- Mithril coins are in – don’t forget to log into your alts to gather all these up
- All sorts of Critical Damage changes – hopefully this isn’t too broken
- Tons of power changes – there were mixed reviews of this on Bullroarer, but expect to need to do some tweaking to adjust to the changes
- Fate is now the leading contributor to critical rating
- New 6 man (Bells of Dale), and 3 new 12 man raids (Flight of the Lonely Mountain, Fires of Smaug, Battle for Erebor)
- In Their Absence instance cluster is now scalable
- Warden’s are now agility based
- All sorts of PvMP changes
- Forced emotes have a toggle now so you won’t be impacted by them
- No more defeat dread
- I’m still not sure why this was removed – was it really that big of a deal for people?
- Tasks and quests can now be completed in a raid
- I don’t get this one either – seems like this creates more potential farming issues like the Hytbold areas
- Trail foods can be made at ovens now – another “why did this take so long” thing
Overall it is good that they’re adding more instance content, but the massive system changes are always scary since they never seem to get them right the first time.
What are folks most excited about with Update 10?