Plethora of Secret World Hands-On Previews
Funcom recently allowed a whole ton of press to get some hands-on time with The Secret World and their previews have been trickling out over the past couple of days. For the most part they were given a chance to create a character, start their experience with the Templar society, head over to Kingsmouth, run the Polaris Instance, and check out some PvP. Each of the writers then picks up on their favorite (or least favorite) aspects and either focuses on that or tries to give an overall feel for how the experience went. I’m not going to go in-depth on all of them, but just pick out the main idea or major tidbit I picked up from the articles. I really enjoyed checking them all out, but it will take a bit of time
- Escapist Magazine – general overview
- IGN.com – skills focused
- Rock Paper Shotgun.com – 1st person walkthrough of experience
- MMORPG.com – good detailed overview
- Massively.com – good overview, only 3 concurrent quests
- Videogamer.com – in-depth on quest mechanics
- Eurogamer.net – walkthrough with some of the downsides
- Zam.com – Players will have to pay attention
- Gamepro.com – items distinctions and the looks of baddies matter
- UK Gamespy- focused on the investigation missions
- G4TV.com – general overview of the experience
For the most part the game received good reviews for the portions they were shown, and many of them mentioned how they actually had to think and work out puzzles. I think this will be an important aspect of this game going forward with how Funcom handles this and almost more importantly how the community handles it.
All I can say after reading all those is when do I *cough* I mean we, get beta access?