Instance Finder Coming to LOTRO
In an interview with Adam Mersky and Aaron Campbell, TenTonHammer is able to get some interesting information regarding the next update, still tentatively named Update 5. The big items coming are:
- More of the Epic line with Theodred, and a goodbye to the Rangers
- Instance Finder, similar to WoW and Rift
- New Instances centered around Orthanc and confronting Saruman himself
- 3 3 mans, 1 6 man, and 1 12 main
- Fangorn’s Edge, a 3 man at the edge of the forests destruction fighting orcs and trees as they’re not sure who’s their enemy
- Pits of Isengard is another 3 man in the caves and tunnels below Isengard
- The Foundry is the 6 man battling Saruman’s Lieutenants directly in the Isengard depths
- The Tower of Orthanc is the raid, which sounds more like Ost Dunhoth in that there will be more then a single boss
- New armor sets – an instance set and a raid set
- Currency consolidation – a little confusing here, will have to see what this all means
- It seems like there will be raid tokens, instance tokens, and skirmish tokens which will each be used to barter for the appropriate sets.
- They do promise that 2012 will be bigger then 2011 with a big announcement coming in January.
Oh, and the other nice tidbit – Update 5 hits Bullroarer this Tuesday!
Update 5 is sounding like a pretty nice content update as well as some much needed technology improvements. I’m still a little worried about this “Currency Consolidation” but we’ll all get to see soon when they put up the patch notes!