Episode 22 – Isengard Interview with Turbine
I have to admit I was a little shocked by the conversation today with Turbine on a number of fronts. I was very happy to hear from folks other then the Producers, not that that’s not valuable, but I had some pretty specific questions that I was glad to here ZC and Graalx2 hop in to cover. Not to mention there were quite a few very exciting things brought up in this interview.
My apologies for the call quality, not only were they on a speaker phone but I was recording using Google Voice which would sometimes drop out on our ends, but still record in good quality resulting in some question repetition.
Also, I want to thank Merric and Goldenstar from CSTM for letting me know what questions they were covering such that I could focus on some other topics. I highly recommend listening to their interview as well since we cover different topics.
On the call were:
- Adam Mersky – Director of Communications
- Aaron Campbell – Producer
- Brian “Zombie Columbus” Aloisio – Systems Designer
- Ken “Graalx2” Burd – Systems Designer
I’m not going to give away the whole show, but here are some of the topics we cover:
- I do start with some of the more negative aspects of Isengard
- Draigoch raid mechanics and loot
- Scalable Instance Loot Details
- Class changes
- Set bonuses, including Graalx2 talking about the Warden set bonus
- Upcoming Barter changes
- Some nice nuggets for Update 5
I have to admit, not only am I very excited for Isengard, but I think LOTRO is going to do quite well through the storm of all the upcoming game releases.
I have kept a list of all the questions, and will look to come back to those during my next chance to chat with Turbine.